Yes, we sometimes buy old comic books
It's come to my attention lately that some folks aren't aware that Comix Connection actually DOES buy old comic books from people on occasion. Of course we're mostly looking for the good stuff from the 1930s through about 1975, but we're also looking for other more recent comics too. For instance, we are looking for most X-MEN comics up through the 1990s, but be aware that we pay salvage prices for the more recent stuff. If you've visited the stores lately, you've probably noticed a few boxes (on the counter in Mechanicsburg and on the back issue bins in York) that contain comic books from the last 30 years or so that are all priced at $1 - $2 - $3 - $4 - and $5. We're trying to give our loyal customers some great value older books at great prices... check them out when you're in! Anyway...
Here's a rough outline if you want to get rid of some of your old comic books:
1930s though 1975 or so: We give roughly 5 to 30% of 'book value" in cash or store credit for complete, non-mildewed comics in cash or trade (depending on the amount of "mad money" we have at any given point, and also depending on the subject matter (superhero stuff is more desirable than say, Richie Rich.) We naturally give a bit more in store credit that in cash. Store credit is good on ANYTHING in the store, from statues to old back issues. Got some old duplicate comics? Bring 'em in.
1975 through 1995 or so: We give 5¢ to a buck or two per comic book in STORE CREDIT ONLY
1995 to present: Really no interest, but you can always ask... you never know
Have some comic books you want to get rid of? Here's how to do it:
1) Bring in your old comics
2) You will get a receipt from the Counter Monkey for your books
3) Leave the comic books at Comix Connection until Bill gets a chance to look at them and determine their value... this may take several days, depending on Bill's schedule
4) You will get a phone call from us making an offer of cash and/or store credit
5) You can accept or decline
6) If you accept, you will be paid/given a store credit voucher
7) If you decline, you keep your comics and it hasn't cost you a thing
So bring in your dupes, your doubles and your unwanted older comics... we'll find someone to love them!